Journey to 40: 40 Life Lessons from a Treasured Beauty
March was a month of many blessings for me. I celebrated my husband’s birthday, my 7th wedding anniversary, and my 40th birthday.
It was absolutely amazing. For the most part, it was a quiet and simple day until I was surprised... I'll explain later.
In the quiet moments, I was intentional about worshiping and writing.
I finally had time to sit and reflect. I reflected on the past, the future, and on the present. It was just me and God. He took me through the last 40 years of my life. I can truly say that I've been through a lot. Whether it is labeled as “good” or “bad” is not the area of concern; what matters is that I came, I saw, and I conquered with the help of the Lord. I started to write my journal with all this in mind, and I couldn't stop writing.
I am normally a private person but I wanted to share because I found freedom in writing. So I’ve compiled a list of 40 Lessons that I’ve learned. I have learned 40 years' worth of lessons, most the hard way, and some the easy way, but nevertheless, I learned. And I hope you do too.
- God’s timing is not always your timing, but it’s always on time.
- You are really what you eat- what you eat in your 20s & 30s is what you look like in your 40's and on...
- Sometimes dreams do come true and sometimes they don’t, but that’s okay.
- Everything is “figureoutable”.- Marie F. God has the final say anyway so why stress...
- Love is a choice!
- God fights your battles.
- Moments are to be treasured, even the bad ones.
- People will be people. We all are imperfect. No need to hold anyone to the cross- People will hurt you and you will be okay.
- You will never make a blind person see or a deaf person hear so the only one you can change is yourself.
- All you have control over is yourself, and not even so much because God has complete control.
- You don’t know everything, and that’s okay too!
- Keeping active is a need not a want.
- Love hard always!
- Live every day as if it were your last!
- Depression comes when you think you can try and change your past., Anxiety comes when you think you can change the future.
- Joy is a place. Live there daily!
- Peace is free. Use it. #priceless
- Do what makes you come alive. It's what you were born to do.
- Be present & pay attention. You’ll thank yourself for it later. Perfection is a disease of the mind. No one and nothing is or will ever be perfect except for Jesus.
- It’s okay to feel; just don’t become it.
- Say “no” more! It’s an action verb.
- Eat to live, don’t live to eat!
- Cheat days are necessary. Don’t be too hard on yourself!
- Find something to be grateful for daily.
- Laugh a lot, especially at yourself. It helps.
- They say you’re crazy if you speak to yourself, but you’re crazy if you don’t. Affirm yourself daily!
- Prayer is the key to life; it’s a necessity! Conversations with God are necessary.
- Why try to invent the wheel again? Go to the one who created you, He has all the answers.
- There is a formula to life… It's in the Good Book.. The Bible!
- People come into your life for a season, a reason, or a lifetime. Treasure them either way.
- You are going to be just fine! Everything works out in the end, always!
- Meaningful relationships are hard to come by. When you find one, treasure it.
- Be yourself always, it doesn’t pay to be anyone else. Don’t dim your light even in the darkest of places.
- Loyalty, Honesty, and Respect will always keep you in the room. Character and Integrity will make a path.
- Take care of yourself because no one else will.
- Freedom is a state of mind; you’ll get there someday.
- Don’t beat yourself up. Life happens to us all!
- In every trial and tribulation, there is always a lesson and a blessing. Never stop striving for more or to be better; that is the point.
- Discover the ultimate treasure of God in you. It’s the best gift you could ever find!
- Life does not revolve around you.- Make a decision to grow daily!
Favored, Forty& Free!